I’m sure all moms can relate to this: every time I go grocery shopping I have to get all these chocolate and candy bars for my kids. And to make it even worse, all of them hand me their own preferred list of chocolate bars. I do not, I repeat, do not have the option to change or forget or come back home without leaving any out.
I understand why my kids love them so much. Some of them are just so good. But you probably didn’t know.. and I must tell you .. they are even better when made at home!!!!
Bounty chocolate bar is delicious and we all know the reason. It has coconut ..delicious!!, it has chocolate.. even better!! So I decided to try making one at home!
I call these my CC-Bounty-squares because they taste just like the famous bar and also have the added element of almonds. Keep a few things in your mind though, these are not like a chocolate bar so don’t expect these to be too hard. They are a bit chewy and sticky when you first make them and tend get a little bit harder after a little bit but still slightly chewy.
Some serious good things about this recipe: These can be made under thirty minutes,
and require just a few ingredients
No baking is involved!!
My kids are happy, I’m happy and the world ( my home) is definitely a happier place for at least two days.
you just need a few things: cocoa powder and coconut being center stage here.
Don’t they look better together?!
There are a few tricky things with the recipe though, make sure you read it first and have everything ready before you start.
and here they are…. my cute little squares, I don’t think I can stop my kids from eating these any more.
Makes: 16 squares.
- Cocoa Powder 2 tbsp
- Cream 1/4th cup (plus 2 tbsp)
- Crushed Coconut 1 cup
- Almonds crushed or sliced 11-13
- Dry Milk Powder/ Nido 3 tbsp heaped
- Granulated Sugar 1/4th cup
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it on the side.
- In a bowl mix together the crushed coconut, coco powder, dry milk powder and almonds.
- If the sugar is very fine and has small granules than just add it to the dry ingredients in Step-1, but If the sugar is coarse than leave it aside for the time being.
- Turn the stove on low heat. Now take a saucepan and pour 1/4th cup of cream in it. A few important things to know at this stage are that we are going to keep the flame really low because we do not want the cream to boil, we just want it to be warm. Also this step is crucial, make sure that you use only the specified amount of cream in the beginning. We only need the cream to just bind all the ingredients together. If there is too much or too little of it your bounty squares would either be too dry (won’t mix) or too soft and sticky .
- Its time to add the left out sugar (if we left it out in Step-3). Mix it a tiny little bit, making sure that the cream doesn’t boil.
- Now add all the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until everything comes together. We just want to mix them together not cook, so make sure you have everything handy. If you see everything coming together then skip the next step, If not then follow step 7.
- At this stage if you feel like all the ingredients are not binding add 1 table-spoon of cream, mix them again. If it is still not coming together add 1 more tablespoon. Do not add too much cream because the coconut will release its oils and if you add too much cream the bars will be really sticky and won’t take shape.
- As soon as you see everything coming together transfer the mix to a baking tray and smooth it out into a large square of 1 inch thickness.
- Let it cool off for 5 minutes and then cut it into squares with a sharp knife.
- These will probably still be a little bit sticky so don’t try to move the pieces now just cut them and leave them to cool off a little bit more so that they are easier to handle.
Even though the recipe sounds somewhat tricky, but trust me these are so easy and quick to make. Once you make these chocolate and coconut Bounty squares, this will be your go-to/quick desert. Can’t wait for all of you to try these.
Aa jao doston “Bounty squares” tayyar hain !!!!