The chutney I make is garlicky, very garlicky. No vampires for days-guaranteed! 😀
- 1 garlic bulb, separate the cloves and peel.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp water
- Ground the garlic cloves using a mortar and pestle. It is easier and much quicker to use a blender but the texture would be different.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add all the ingredients, ground garlic, red chilli flakes, salt and water .
- Turn the heat on low and cook for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the water dries and the garlic is fragrant and you can see the oil on the sides of the pan, your chutney is ready.
- If you feel like the oil is not enough you can add one more tablespoon.
- Make sure it doesn’t over-cook as that changes the color.
- Serve warm.
Keeps well for 4-5 days in the fridge.
I’m sure all of you are already well aware of all the health and medicinal benefits of garlic, so I’m not even going to force you to try it. Just know that if you haven’t ever tried this than you are missing something. This is without a doubt my all time go-to side with a paratha and a fried egg for breakfast.
Aa jao “lehsan ki chutney” tayyar hai!!