Kebabs are an essential part of every day cuisine in Eastern Mediterranean region and South Asia. All of us in Pakistan have our favorites, be it the popular Shami kebab or the regional varieties like Bihari and Chapli kebabs . Here, I’ll share the recipe for my very own Resham kebabs (Resham means silk in Urdu/Farsi) that are super quick and extremely easy to make. They are soft and succulent and completely addictive, hence the name. Once you try these there is no turning back.
Since this is my own recipe, it never really had a name, they were always just kebabs. But, I needed a name for the blog so I started thinking and it took me a while and some really really bad suggestions to finally come up with a name, that I think is fitting.
- 1/2 kg minced beef/chicken.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp heaped corn flour
- 1/2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 4 slices of wheat/white toast
- 1/4 cup milk.
- Place the meat in a bowl.
- Soak the toast in milk and then squeeze all the milk out, add these to the meat bowl.
- Now add all the other ingredients and mix well using your hands.
- Let the marinade sit for about half an hour, for better results keep aside for two hours.
- Take a small amount in your hand and shape them into small to medium sized oval shape, as seen in the pictures. Make all the kebabs first.
- Heat oil in a pan on high heat .
- Shallow fry these kebabs on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat on the lowest mark, cover and let cook for another 5 minutes. Cooking them on high heat first makes them crispy on the outside and lowering the heat cooks the inside to be soft and silky.
- Serve warm.
You can make these well in advance and freeze them for up to a month. I make these almost every month and serve them as snacks with a chutney, or as fillings for wraps, or in other recipes. Alright then, let’s dig in everyone. Don’t forget to send your feedback if you try these out, love you all!!
Aa jao everyone “Resham Kabab” tayyar hain!!