Banana and Milk Chocolate Blondies have a sweet taste and the burnt butter adds a nutty flavour. These are super easy to put together and have a moist and rich texture. Not to mention the chocolate that makes it even more yummy.
- 170g butter
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 280g brown sugar
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- Grease and line a 9inch square tin. Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and keep stirring until it gets a nice golden/ brown colour. It will take roughly 5 minutes. Pour in a heatproof bowl, set aside until lukewarm.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla and maple syrup. Separately, mash bananas and then add them to eggs.
- Now add brown sugar to burnt butter. Whisk until it comes together. Add egg mixture in it, whisk to combine.
- Add bananas, give a little whisk. Add flour mixture and half of chopped milk chocolate. Fold it, until just combined.
- Pour the method into your prepared pan. Top with remaining milk chocolate.
- Bake for 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool then cut into 16 squares.
- You can easily substitute Maple Syrup with Golden Syrup or Honey in the same quantity.
- Use supremely ripe bananas to get a beautiful banana flavour in the blondies. Ripe bananas can be easily frozen and when ready to use, just take them out of the freezer and thaw, they will be good to go.
- You can freeze your blondies if you wish. They are a good kids lunchbox snack. Just take them out and defrost before eating.
- They taste great at room temperature but slightly warmed with a few seconds in the microwave takes them to the next level.
Aa jao bhai “Banana and Chocolate Blondies” tayyar hain!