Kit Kat is one of my favourite chocolate bars and it tastes even better in a Cheesecake. This cheesecake has a beautiful biscuit base followed by layer of Kit Kat chocolate and then a luscious and creamy Cheesecake filling. It is baked and then chilled overnight. An easy, indulgent and delicious dessert!
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter
- 375g cream cheese
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 130 g (1/2 cup) Greek yogurt
- 8 (45g) Kit Kat bars
- Chocolate ganache to top
- Preheat oven to 160C or 140C fan forced. Line a 20cm square cake time with grease proof paper.
- In a food processor, place biscuits and process to turn them into fine crumbs. Add butter and process until fully combined and has a bread crumb like texture. Put in the cake tin and smooth with the back of a glass. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla for 2-3 minutes or until its smooth. Add eggs, beating after every addition. Add yogurt and beat until just combined.
- Place Kit Kat on the biscuit base and then pour the cream cheese filling on it and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then turn the oven off and open the oven door slightly and let it sit in the oven for 1 hour. This avoids cracking on the top. Place in the fridge overnight to chill completely.
- Cut into 16 squares. Chop leftover Kit Kat. Drizzle chocolate ganache and then top with chopped Kit Kat.
Just letting you know, if you’re not a huge fan of Kit Kat you can simply skip it and enjoy a simpler cheesecake topped with chocolate sauce or strawberry sauce. Trust me, it’ll taste equally delicious!
You can check my Instagram page to watch the IGTV video of my son helping me make it @thiscakeisdesi
Aa jao, mazeydar Cheesecake tayyar hai!!!!